1. Increased my beer consumption the weekend before the race…why not!
2.Took away the pressure to set a new PR.
3. Brought out larger and rowdier crowds.
4. Reached my goal weight before finishing the race.
5. Eliminated all wardrobe questions.
6. Proved that flame orange was a perfect choice for this years’ marathon color.
7. I didn’t need a hideous heat shield after the race.
8. Seriously got my money’s worth out of this race.
9. Eliminated the number of ‘warm-up’ miles needed. That would be a big zero!
10. I had no need to pass up a beer on the course from the Hash House Harriers.
11. I started praying again.
12. Made me a hero! I caught a woman as she passed out from the heat – at mile 12!